What custom fields are
Custom fields are used to collect information about your contacts that is not automatically collected by Tend. Typically, this information comes from form fields on your website or other software.
Examples of custom fields
- Company revenue
- Interest level
- Phone number
Use cases of custom fields
Determine if your marketing efforts are driving contacts with desirable attributes. Here are a few examples:
- People who are ready to buy that came from LinkedIn.
- Women who came from Instagram.
- High income prospects that came from Facebook ad #4.
- Enterprise clients who have been to your site more than 5x.
Use the custom fields in an automated action (through our Zapier integration). Here are few automations you could set up:
- Use the address to automatically send a postcard when a contact looks at a product or service page.
- Alert your sales team when a contact is ready to buy and returns to your website.
- Serve retargeting ads to CEOs.
How to add custom fields to Tend
The difference between custom fields and events
Custom fields - A single piece of information about a contact that does not have a time associated with it.
Events - A series of information that is associated with a time.