Install Tend on multiple websites
Tend lets you track multiple websites under one account. There are two approaches to tracking multiple websites:
1.Use the same tracking script for each website.
With this option, you simply copy and paste the tracking script from your account on to each site you want to track.
We recommend this option if you want to treat multiple sites as one site. Here are a few examples where this might make sense:
- You use a third-party contact form or shopping cart that is hosted on another domain.
- Your blog is hosted on another domain.
- You have different sites for each language AND you want to see all your data in one place.
- Single view for dashboard and reports.
- If you use Tend with Zapier, you only need to connect one Tend account to Zapier.
- Harder to distinguish stand-alone performance for one site vs another one.
2. Use a unique tracking script for each website.
With this option, you create sub-accounts that have a unique tracking script for each website. This is a good way to go if you want to treat your websites separately and is a good option when:
- You're an agency or consultant that manages multiple client websites.
- Your company has two separate product or service offerings.
- It's important to distinguish data or performance between each site.
- Easier to see stand-alone performance for each individual site.
- Can connect to separate Zapier accounts.
- Need to toggle between accounts to see data and performance.
Here's how you can create sub-accounts to get a separate tracking script for each website:
Click the gear icon on the left sidebar, then Add Account
Give the new account a name
Copy and paste this new script on the site you want to track. Repeat this process as many times as you want to continue adding sites.