Getting started with Zapier
With Tend's Zapier integration you can connect Tend to 1,000+ other web services. You can automate daily tasks, get notifications and build workflows between Tend and any of the 1,000 + other software applications that are connected to Zapier.
These connections are called "Zaps". They can be set up in a few minutes and you don't need to write code to set them up.
Each Zap has one software application that acts as the Trigger, where your information comes from. This trigger sends your data automatically to another software application via Actions
How to set up Zapier
Sign up for a free Zapier account, from there you can jump right in. To help you hit the ground running, here are some popular pre-made Zaps.
How to connect Tend to Zapier?
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account.
- Navigate to "Connected Accounts" from the top menu bar.
- Now click on "Connect new account" and search for "Tend"
- Use your credentials to connect your Tend account to Zapier.
Once that's done you can start creating an automation. Use one of the pre-made Zaps or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you'll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
Need inspiration? See everything that's possible with Tend and Zapier.
To create a custom Zap, just follow the steps below:
Set Tend as the Trigger app
- Find Tend: Click the “Make a Zap” button. In the search box, search for and click on “Tend”.
- Choose Trigger: Select your trigger. For example “Contact Added to Segment” and click “Save + Continue”
- Connect your Tend account: Click “connect a new account” and click continue. Enter your Tend username and password and click “Yes, continue”
- Edit Options: Select the option you’d like to set as the trigger from the dropdown and click “continue”.
- Test this step: On the “Test this step” step click “fetch and continue”. Then click “Continue” again once the test is complete
Set another App as an action app
- Find the app: In the search box, search for and click on the App you want to connect.
- Choose Action: Select your action and click “Save + Continue”
- Connect your account: Click “connect a new account” and click continue. Enter your username and password for that app and click “Yes, continue”
- Set up Template: Click the dropdown options for what Tend data you’d like to include in the apps action. Click “continue”.
- Test this step: Either skip the test by clicking “Skip Test & Continue” or to test the action click “Create & Continue”. When the test is complete, add another step or click “Finish”.
- Turn on your Zap: Enter a name for the Zap in the “Name your Zap” field and toggle the Zap to “on”.
- Contact Added to Segment - Triggers when a contact is added to a segment in Tend.
- Contact Session Ended - Triggers when a contact ends a session on your website. Tend counts a session ended after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- New Event Triggers when a new event is added to Tend.
- New Page - Triggers when a new page is added to your site. For Tend to detect a new, it must have at least one visit.
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is added to Tend. Typically this occurs when a contact enters their email address in a form on your website.
- New Referrer - Triggers when the first visit comes from a new referrer (website).
- Contact Visited Page - Triggers when a contact visits a page on your website.
- Create Contact - Creates a new contact in Tend.
- Create Event - Creates an event in Tend. Events are actions associated with contacts like payments, phone calls or proposals issued.